My first works were a personal “expanded field” recreated sculpturally, with a treatment inspired in the photographic, capturing nearby forms with references centered around:
- Objects that surrounded me, giving rise to pieces that resembled a staircase, a bag, a table, a chair … as snapshots that captured specific moments of everyday life.
- My own body, treated as a self-portrait of a spatial form. Supports and structures made to my measure recorded photographically in two times; Empty sculpture and with me inside dressed in red.
- Architectural spaces of community courtyards, doors, ruins and pavements.
- Landscapes and mountain´s profiles.
- The evolution of the form from the soft to the crystalline materialized as a way of exploring form.
I used different woods as main material and experimented with techniques of assembling, bending, gluing and gathering.